Mothers Day this year was spent with Brother Bears baseball team. Every year the team goes to the AAA team that is nearby. All of the teams in the league get to go out onto the field in their uniform. This year it just happened to be on mothers day. A lot of the mothers did some grumbling because they didn't want to spend mothers day at a baseball. In our house that is usually what we've done. In California we would go to the Angel game and up here in Washington the Angels have played the Mariners on mothers day.
So, off we went. It was a sunny day and dry day. We have had a very unusually damp and dreary spring this year with temperatures 10-15 degrees below average. As part of our ticket we got a hot dog, chips and drink. The boys on the team had a good time hanging out and wandering around the stadium.
After the game we stopped at a Starbucks that we have frequented on mothers day. It was frappachino happy hour. So I had a frappe and the kids had the non coffee versions. Papa Bear wanted a coconut mocha. Its a new drink they have. I had a few tastes. Brother asked if that was going to be his new favorite drink. About 2 hours later we are getting ready to sit down to dinner. My stomach has been a little queasy. Papa isn't really eating his dinner and I ask if he feels ok. He feels the same way I do. Not to much later Papa and I are NOT feeling well. I am definitely doing better than he is though. The kids are both fine. We all ate the same food all day. The only difference was Papa Bears latte from Starbucks that I had a few drinks of. Needless to say, the coconut mocha is not going to be Papas new favorite drink.
(picture taken before Starbucks food poisoning)
No comments:
Post a Comment