Friday, March 18, 2011

Overdue Recap

I realized the other day it has been a long time since there have been any updates about what the Bear Family has been up to. So, I guess I will do a quick little update to get you up to date.

January
We celebrated birthdays for Papa and Brother Bear. For Papa Bear we celebrated his birthday early since he was out of town on the actual day. Funny little story about his cake. Papa has been telling everyone he was turning 27. I guess I had that stuck in my head because when I was putting candles on the cake I made a 27 with 38 (the actual age) candles. I didn't even notice it until I looked at the pictures later. Ha ha. Papa Bear was in Oregon with the basketball team for his birthday. He took Brother Bear with him on the trip and they both got to eat at my favorite restaurant. We celebrated Brother Bears birthday over at the university again this year. Eleven boys running around the gym for three hours playing floor hockey, indoor soccer and baseball and enjoying cupcakes and ice cream. The next day was a holiday so he had two friends spend the night. For his actual birthday we took cupcakes to school and had a family dinner with his favorite dinner. The month was also spent with Saturdays watching Brother Bear playing indoor soccer. Sister Bear and I have busy Wednesday mornings. We get Brother off to school and then we head out to dance class. After dance we head over to Borders for story time. Brother has early release on Wednesdays, so we usually head over to the university to spend the afternoon with Papa.

February
We celebrated my birthday in February. Papa Bear and I went out to dinner and then came home to a little surprise party with friends and family. One weekend we all went out of town with Papa Bear and the basketball team. Sister and I drove down to Oregon and met Papa and Brother down there. I got to eat at my favorite restaurant two days in a row!!! This month we had some crazy cold weather at the end of February. Snow and ice!! Luckily we didn't have to miss school. Just some late start mornings. Brother was busy doing his science fair project. He did a great job and did it all by himself. Papa and I were very proud of him. You could really tell the projects that the parents helped out on. Some nights when Papa has to work late, the kids and I will go over to eat dinner with my parents.

March
I'm trying to think what has been going on in March. Nothing much but it is already half over with. Brother has started up with baseball this month. Sister is busy just being an almost 4 year old. She loves anything princess and girlie and if it involves coloring that is even better. She has a great imagination. Papa Bear is in California right now with the baseball team and was able to take Brother Bear along with him. He is going to be the bat boy. He was pretty excited to miss two days of school and to go on a trip.

Well, I think that wraps up the the major activities in the Bear Household. I'll try to be better about keeping up to date.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

THANK YOU FOR POSTING AGAIN! I've missed hearing what your family is doing. Great pictures.