Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas Day Recap


We had a very merry Christmas at the Bear household. On Christmas Eve we went to church. That was quite an experience with Sister Bear. Try keeping her quiet. She was very cute trying to sing along with the hymns and clapping when they were over. At one point during the service there was a children's moment. Brother Bear took her up front and sat with her and she went very willingly. Papa and I were sitting, in the back of the church, wondering what she would do. Randomly she got up and walked straight back to where we were sitting. I figured she was done, so I tried to get her to sit back down with me. Oh no...she just wanted to get her purple crayon and then she headed right back up and sat back down with the rest of the kids.

I told Brother that he had to stay in bed until 8am. At about 7:45 I heard him get up and go into the bathroom and then get back in bed. 7:59 rolled around and he was right there by my bedside. Sister Bear was still asleep. I went down and turned the tree lights on and the heater while Papa Bear got up. Someone (Brother) woke up Sister. She is definitely NOT pleasant if you wake her up. If she wakes up on her on she is happy and talking non stop.

We went down and opened presents. The kids had a great time. Papa and I didn't do presents for each other, except for the U2 concert tickets I bought for us. So we have that to look forward to in June. After opening presents it was cleanup and cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Lets not forget the Home Alone marathon that was on either. Papa and Brother were off to the airport to pick up Granny and Grandpa who were coming for a visit. I stayed home to clean up the house, make some fudge, and Sister took a much needed nap.

Later Papa hooked up the Wii for Brother who had been waiting patiently to try it out. An evening of bowling and boxing. I got knocked out. After dinner we went for a walk in the neighborhood to look at Christmas lights. When the young Bears were in pj's we watched Home Alone again. Finally it was time for all of us tuckered Bears to climb into bed.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh, Home Alone! We meant to watch it before Christmas but Peter insisted we had to watch it on Christmas Eve, but then we didn't. Must have forgotten. Maybe tomorrow. Oodles of snow coming in and we're not going out.