Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mixer

One time when Papa and I were first married I was making chocolate chip cookies. I was stirring the batter and I remember him walking by and telling me that his mom uses a mixer. I was like "well, I don't, I stir it by hand." That's how my mom made cookies when I was growing up. She only used a mixer for cake mixes. We got a blender from someone as a shower gift. It's a very simple, no bells and whistles, no frills mixer. I can probably count on both hands how many times I've used it and we've been married almost 15 years. I made these Oatmeal Fudge Bars ( http://www.mamamanifesto.com/2010/05/sinful-copycat-starbucks-oatmeal-fudge.html )and it required using a mixer. So, I pulled out my mixer and got to work. These bars are supposed to be like Starbucks Oatmeal Fudge bars. I've never had one so I don't know if they taste like the Starbucks ones or not. They turned out pretty good. I sent most of them to work with Papa because they are too rich to have at home. Oh, I bet I could have frozen them to save for later.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh wow, those look good. Smart to send them off with C. I like to mix by hand sometimes, but like the power of the mixer too.