Thursday, September 20, 2012

First Day of School

Well summer has come to an end. But not the summer like weather.  However, it is very foggy this morning just as it was yesterday.  It burned off around 11 and is then was in the high 70's.  As a result of summer break ending Papa Bear and I officially were parents of a 7th grader and a kindergartner.  I can't believe it.

Both were very excited to go to school.  Sister was a little nervous though.  I told her she'd have lots of people watching out for her.  Most of the teachers and the office staff know that she is Brother Bears little sister.  Brother Bear is now at the junior high and he wasn't nervous at all.  The one thing that I really like is that they keep the 7th graders completely separate from the 8th & 9th graders.  Also, one of Brothers good friends dad is one of his teachers.



Sister is only in kindergarten for 2 1/2 hrs a day during the week which is just enough time to get things done or grocery shop in peace.  She also only goes to school every other Wednesday which is kind of nice because we can still spend some special time together.  On Wednesdays, Brother starts school 2 hours later which is nice because we can sleep in a little.  The trick now is remembering the Wednesday schedule.

No comments: