I can't believe that the summer is almost over. I haven't written anything all summer on this blog. Well since I'm about to be the parent of a (gasp) 7th grader I guess I'll write about Brother Bears last days of 6th grade. Brother participated in a Math Relay with other 6th graders in the district. He was a peer buddy helper with the special education track meet. A student favorite is always field day where he plays capture the flag and flag football all day. There was a student assembly for 4th thru 6th graders. Brother received the Presidential Gold Academic Award which only abou 10 kids recieved. He also received the Presidential Citizenship Award that he was nominated for by the teachers and principal. Then there was a 6th grade only assembly and parent reception. On the last Friday of school they had a 6th grade party after school with a dj and pizza and games. I always pick brother up on the last day of school, per his request. We go out for a special lunch, just the two of us.
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Summers Almost Over
I can't believe that the summer is almost over. I haven't written anything all summer on this blog. Well since I'm about to be the parent of a (gasp) 7th grader I guess I'll write about Brother Bears last days of 6th grade. Brother participated in a Math Relay with other 6th graders in the district. He was a peer buddy helper with the special education track meet. A student favorite is always field day where he plays capture the flag and flag football all day. There was a student assembly for 4th thru 6th graders. Brother received the Presidential Gold Academic Award which only abou 10 kids recieved. He also received the Presidential Citizenship Award that he was nominated for by the teachers and principal. Then there was a 6th grade only assembly and parent reception. On the last Friday of school they had a 6th grade party after school with a dj and pizza and games. I always pick brother up on the last day of school, per his request. We go out for a special lunch, just the two of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment