Sister Bear started preschool yesterday. She is in a pre-k program at a church preschool down the road from us. We pass the church the majority of the time we leave our house. Every time we drive by it she would say "that's were I am going to preschool" To say that Sister was excited to go to preschool is an understatement. On Monday morning which was a holiday, she came in and woke me up. "Tomorrow is Tuesday and after that is Wednesday." Of course Wednesday. The start of preschool. One night she told me she couldn't sleep because she was so excited for preschool. What a silly girl.
Tuesday night. The outfit was all laid out. I thought she might have a hard time going to bed but she was out. Wednesday morning, the big day had arrived. I was feeling a little sad. My buddy was going to be gone for 2 1/2 hrs, 3 days a week. On Wednesdays Brother starts school earlier so Papa got him off to the bus while I finished getting Sister ready.
She was so excited to get in the car. She had her backpack and was ready to go.
We went into the narthex and there were three lines for the different classes.
Sister saw hers, hugged us and off she went. There were no tears, no extra hugs goodbye, just a "see you after school!" 
When the teachers took the lines back to the classrooms a couple of kids had to be physically pry ed away. One boy was screaming, dragging his feet into the ground.
Finally it was time for me to go pick her up. I took Sister over to Papa Bears office for lunch. She talked the whole way over about school. I think she likes it. :)
Tuesday night. The outfit was all laid out. I thought she might have a hard time going to bed but she was out. Wednesday morning, the big day had arrived. I was feeling a little sad. My buddy was going to be gone for 2 1/2 hrs, 3 days a week. On Wednesdays Brother starts school earlier so Papa got him off to the bus while I finished getting Sister ready.
She was so excited to get in the car. She had her backpack and was ready to go.
When the teachers took the lines back to the classrooms a couple of kids had to be physically pry ed away. One boy was screaming, dragging his feet into the ground.
Finally it was time for me to go pick her up. I took Sister over to Papa Bears office for lunch. She talked the whole way over about school. I think she likes it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment