Thursday, May 21, 2009

Florida


I figured I had better get the update up about our trip to Florida before the month is over. The beginning of May we headed out to Orlando for a few days. Papa Bear was presenting at a conference and he wanted the rest of us Bears to tag along with him. We took the red eye flight out on the Monday. I think the only person who really slept was Papa Bear. I heard him snoring in the row behind me. Sister Bear dozed. She was kind of stuffy so I think the pressure was bothering her because she fussed in her sleep most of the way. We got off the plane in Florida and boy was it hot! Sister was in her fleece pj's for staying warm on the plane. Got our bags and headed for the shuttle and off to the Walt Disney Dolphin Resort where the conference was. After we checked in, we checked out the hotel grounds....made sure we knew where the pool was and headed off to lunch at ESPN zone (I like the one at downtown Disney in CA better). Filled our stomachs and headed back for a little rest. Brother could barely control himself so I took him down to the pool while Papa and Sister slept. Eventually they came down to join us for awhile. When we were done swimming we got ready for dinner and headed out to Downtown Disney for the evening. It was nice, there are shuttle buses that take you everywhere for free.

The next morning we got up early and headed out for the Magic Kingdom. We could buy our tickets at the hotel so we didn't have to mess with that when we got to the park. When we got there they hadn't opened yet so we got to see the big song and dance they do in the beginning. Brother was pretty excited because we did the parent swap since Sister couldn't go on the big rides. The parent swap let him go on things twice, and he only had to wait in line once! I liked Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain better in Florida and I thought the Pirates of the Caribbean was pretty weak. It was kind of weird to go inside to wait in line for It's A Small World. We headed back to our hotel about 2:30 because Papa had a meeting to go to. While he was in his meeting the kids and I went swimming and had some dinner and then we all went back to the park for some more fun.

The rest of the trip was spent at the pool. We went back to Downtown Disney again. It really is a big place. I took Brother and Sister to ride the monorail one day. In Florida it isn't a ride at the park like it is in Disneyland. There it went from some of the resorts to Epcot and the Magic Kingdom. The kids did pretty well for the time change and being so out of whack with sleeping. It was a fun little family trip.

No comments: