Friday, April 17, 2009

First Game of the Season


Thursday night we headed up to Safeco Field for the last game of the series of the Angels vs. Mariners. The Angels won!

On our way up we stopped at Subway to get some $5 footlongs (sing $5 footlong song now). I love that you can get the footlong but don't have to have all the toppings on the whole sandwich. I'll get a footlong and split it with brother. As we turned to go to our usual parking area, I noticed a spot right across the street. A free spot in front of Krispy Creme! We dressed warmly in our Angel gear. It wasn't actually that cold up at Safeco unless the breeze kicked up. It had been sunny during the day with about a high of 58. The roof was open on the stadium. We were sitting out in the centerfield bleachers for about 6 innings and then we went down to the bullpen to watch for awhile. As we were standing by the fence, Scott Shields motioned for Brother to go down to the end of the fence. He gave a ball to him and one for Sister too! I think that is probably ball number 20 for Brother. Another pitcher came over and talked to Brother for a few minutes. It is always fun to watch the pitchers warm up and to hear the ball hit the catchers glove.
Both kids fell sound asleep in the car on the way home. A good night for the Bear Family.

No comments: