Friday, December 12, 2008

Lights!!!!!


We have Christmas lights on our house!!!!!! I am so very excited!!!! I've always loved Christmas lights. When I was younger we used to always drive around and look at the lights. I still do it with my family when we go back to California to visit over the holidays. This is the first time Papa Bear has put lights up on our house. When we lived in California he got out of doing it by saying that it wasn't our house (we rented) so he didn't want to put lights up. Then we moved and got our own house but we were gone a lot the first two years over the holidays and then when we were home, just didn't get around to it. So the other day Papa Bear had a day off and he said we could go see what lights they had left and he'd put them up. I was giddy!!! Off to Lowe's we went for the 50% off of all holiday decorations. Let's just say there wasn't much left to pick from. Across the street we went to Home Depot. Side note: it has gotten a little chilly here. Sister Bear and I are fascinated with the Weather Channel. She loves to watch the maps and I love seeing what the temperature is. Must come from all those years in California without seasons. According to the weather I have set for Brother Bears school it was 45 degrees with a feels like temperature of 38 and it was raining sideways. But there was my Papa Bear out there on the ladder hanging up the lights for me. Since he hung the lights up with pelting sideways rain, I think that asking him to paint the bedroom for me now might be pushing it a little bit.

3 comments:

nicole aka gidget said...

very fun! now we just need to see some pictures of the finished product!

nicole aka gidget said...

beautiful picture and the lights look fab!

Anonymous said...

Your house looks great! ~Shannon