Friday, August 1, 2008

It's Official! I'm a Blogger

Well, I've finally surrendered and entered the world of blogging. I blame you for this Nicole! :) Just teasing. Sister bear has a cold and is upstairs napping and I should be doing some laundry but instead I sat down at the computer and started playing around with making this blog. Notice in the About Us sidebar that I am not using our real names. A friend who blogs doesn't use her kids real names, which I kind of liked. I decided that I would give us all names of mystery. Alas, Papa Bear, Mama Bear, Brother Bear and Sister Bear were born. Oh how mysterious we are!

So, my reasoning for becoming a blogger is that I am not always good about emailing and keeping in touch with some of you out there. For that I apologize. Oh let's be honest, blogging just looks like fun. Now this way I can update you all on what is going on in The 4 B's lives and you can read about it if you want too. Maybe you too will fall prey to the world of blogging like I have. Not a very creative title I have going for the blog, but I'm working on coming up with something else.

I feel like I should have some big post or something to commemorate my entrance into the world of blogging. I guess I'll fill you in on what our summer has been like. Only one month left of summer break and Brother Bear will be in 3rd grade. I can't believe how fast the time goes. It seems like just yesterday he was the same age as Sister Bear (1yr). Brother Bear has been busy all summer w/ vacation, sports camps, vacation bible school and helping Papa Bear out at work. Sister Bear is busy too... getting into things and trying out the world around her. She wants to do whatever brother does.

We went to California for almost 2 weeks for vacation. It was nice to be together as a family. We hit the beach, Disneyland/CA Adventure, some Angel games and caught up with some old friends. When we were at CA Adventure Brother Bear was finally tall enough to go on California Screaming. We rode it three times! The last time was the last ride of the night for the roller coaster and Brother and Papa got the very front seat! We took Sister Bear with us in the morning and then her grandparents picked her up so we could enjoy all of the big rides. While in CA, Papa Bear and I even went to see a movie(Hancock)! The last movie we saw together was when we took Brother Bear to see Meet the Robinson's the day before Sister Bear was born.

Over the weekend we went camping. People get a surprised look when they hear I went camping. I have nothing against camping....I have some requirements though, mainly a flushing toilet! None of this porta potty stuff. I can do without the shower as long as there is some type of swimming or I'm not gone more than two nights. The place we went camping at was really nice and they had flushing toilets. Yeah! I didn't shower but I was alright with that. We were only gone Friday thru Sunday. Papa Bear and Brother Bear bought fishing poles and tried their hand at fishing. No luck catching anything but they had a good time. I stayed back at the tent with Sister Bear. She didn't feel too good. She had a little accident on Friday night when she ran into the tailgate of the truck when it was down. She got a pretty good cut right below her eye. If we'd have been home she might of had to go for stitches. Luckily Papa Bear had his kit in the truck and fixed her up good. But the next day her face was swollen and she had a little bit of a black eye. She had a little fever from teething, but now that she has a cold that could have been it too. Sister Bear just wanted to sleep or be held, which she never wants to be held. I stayed behind and sat outside the tent and read and listened to the river right next to us. Brother Bear loved making smores over the fire. I only caught two on fire! A good time was had by all!

I'm sure I could just keep going on and on but then who would do my piles of laundry that are sitting upstairs? So it is time to say goodbye to the blog world for today!

2 comments:

nicole aka gidget said...

I might as well be your first comment ever since I'm the one to blame here. heehee. Love you Bears!

The Sprinkle Family said...

I love it!